Thursday, March 24, 2016

Plazma Burst 2 review

Plazma Burst is a 2D tactical side-scrolling shooter game, developed by Eric Gurt in 2011. The game has Multiplayer and Single Player gameplay. There is the official campaign which doesn't have a lot of dialogue... in fact, like only 4 of the levels contains dialogue. The campaign isn't really the best, but it is a challenging campaign. Now one thing that I LOVE about Plazma Burst 2 is the map maker editor. Anyone is able to use the online map maker editor to make their SP and MP maps for free! You can then publish them and people can play and rate them. Id your tired of the campaign of MP matches, you can search and play many AMAZING maps. The multiplayer now is where It gets tricky. It is fun and all, but there are some problems. One, for people trying to raise there KDR, it gets hard because the ping limit for approved ranked matches is 180. And it wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't so much people in one SMALL map. And I say small map because almost 90% of the time, it is a sniper map. A certain one too. Approved ranked matches are not even close to being diverse and for people who are not good at sniper won't like Approved rank matches. The other too MP options (In approved ranked and Custom) are fine, but it does lag a lot. Another problem with the MP is the guest option. I do not see why Eric Gurt would put a guest option. It is EXTREMELY unnecessary and if they wanted to see how the game was, they could have just played the campaign or play custom SP maps. Adding the guest option has caused trouble and I wouldn't be amazed if more than half of PB2 now has been overrun by guest. It isn't hard to sign either. Now for the map makers. I do make maps on PB2 (RPG Money Creator) so I know this first hand. When the game first came out, the map maker editor was SUPER annoying to use, and I hope it isn't In PB2.5. When the we Advanced level editor, which is extremely easy to use, came out, I started making alot of maps. But there are a little problems. One, getting rates are hard. At least starting in late December of 2014. You gotta constantly ask for rates, or people won't rate. And I know people who get SUPER ANNOYED by this, but it's the only way. And getting your new map on the SP map page is also hard. It only shows at Max 20, so other maps can't get shown on it. I hope when PB2.5 comes up, that changes. And the second small problem is just really an idea. To add a offline mode to the level editor. Not really problem….well let's go on to the the STAFF. There should not be a staff. In my opinion. We should have a couple, but only for serious problems like hacking and VERY serious harassment. Other wise, staff should never be in as chat room or in forums (unless something serious happens.) Now for the chat room, if any drama starts or people start raging, a staff shouldn't be there to block and control its a chatroom. Thats gonna happen. People can make there own private channels to avoid all of that. The forums also doesn't need staff to be looking other it. Not gonna lie though, they take there job very serious. The interview that I took to try and become a staff blew my mind I wasn't expecting them to ask me so much questions. I really wasn't expecting it. Back to the game again, the gameplay is solid, they have a wide variety of suits, weapons and nades...So on a scale of 1 to 10...I would give it a 7. The game is fun, but there is too lag issues, The approved rank map needs a major fix (Maybe unapprove stryde?), for map makers it has become very hard to get HONEST rates and the staff is unnecessary. I do hope that PB2.5 is better than PB2 without some of the current issues.Thank you for reading!


Follow me on Twitter: Twitter.com/novianstudio


No comments:

Post a Comment